Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Bad things happen in 3s.

I can't imagine what it's like to have a child in school right now. 3 shootings in the span of a week, and in areas of the country you would least expect. When I was in high school, just 10 years ago, the thought of shootings and metal detectors was foreign. We had a uniformed cop who walked the halls, but I don't remember ever have a sense of fear aligned with going to class every day. If anything, I would probably have been voted most likely to be the one doing the shooting. My school years from preschool on were riddled with ridicule and incessant emotional abuse of sorts from my peers. The thought of retaliation of any kind never crossed my mind at all though and certainly not violence of any kind. It's a scary world we live in now, maybe it was always a scary world we lived in and now we are just more aware of it. I can't imagine what it will be like in another 10 years......

No comments: