Sunday, December 17, 2006

Gingerbread Recipe

I'm really starting to enjoy cooking. I like eating organic and food with less preservatives. Today in addition to my regular bread making I made this gingerbread recipe I found on allrecipes.com. It's yummy!

INGREDIENTS:
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light molasses
5 tablespoons butter or
margarine, melted
2/3 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
Whipped cream
DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine egg, sugar, molasses, butter and water; mix well. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ginger and salt; add molasses mixture. Beat until well mixed. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm with whipped cream.

2 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oooooh that sounds yummy. I love to bake but my family (the hubs and kids) really don't go for that much so I end up eating the whole thing - over a period of days but the thought of eating a whole anything is just not good...hehehe....

Karen said...

Cheeky: I live alone, so I end up eating the whole thing by myself too! Thankfully I brought half to work to share or else I probably would have polished off the entire pan last night! So yummy!