Tuesday, March 06, 2007

2 More Days

2 more days until I can eat solid foods again and 2 more days until Eharmony boy returns from his trip. I honestly couldn't tell you which of those events I am looking forward to more.

I haven't heard much from Eharmony boy in the past few days, just a brief note before my surgery on Friday. We had two great dates before he left, but now that 5 weeks have passed, I worry that the spark went out. I'm trying to play it cool, and not go all "girl" on him and pester him to make plans with me as soon as he gets back, but I do really want to see him and see if this is going anywhere. I'm not very patient when it comes to relationships, I'm always trying to get to that comfortable place where you can wear sweats around him and you don't have to do your hair or wax anything. It's not that I love commitment (I don't), I'm just inherently lazy and abhor the date "getting ready" process. I suppose it's good that I've been forced to take things slow with Eharmony boy, if it does end up turning into some sort of relationship it will be something very solid. None of my other "relationships" (I use that term VERY loosely) have been very healthy or fulfilling, so maybe doing things differently is the way to go. I've never exactly lived by that whole "he won't buy the cow, if he gets the milk for free" adage. Personally I'm more into taking the car for a test drive before you buy. Even if you don't end up buying the hot sports car, at least you got one good ride. :-P

We'll see what happens. You guys will all be here if I get my heart broken right? :-(

No comments: