Monday, February 06, 2006

Before last night I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard I cried. Around midnight my friend Grace called me to turn on Animal Planet. I thought she was insane, but I did it anyway and discovered this show called "Puppy Bowl II". Basically it's THREE HOURS of puppies running around in a pseudo mini football field. It sounds boring, but it's strangely enthralling. For hours I sat glued to my TV watching puppies play. Ocassionally a "ref" of some sort would come out throw a flag on the field (which usually a puppy would promptly steal or pee on) and announce something ridiculous like "5 yard penalty for illegal "pawffence". Grace and I were in TEARS watching the whole spectacle which included a riveting half time show of horror stricken cats sitting on scratching posts getting bombarded with buckets and buckets of confetti. It was pure comedy from start to finish. It's good to laugh like that every once in awhile. Check your Animal Planet schedule for repeats. It's not something one should miss.

No comments: