Saturday, December 11, 2004

More

I often wonder what my life would be like without coffee. I think it would be dreadful, for most days the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha is all I look forward to.

I didn't sleep well last night. My mind would not rest, and now it's Saturday morning and I'm more tired then when I went to bed. How does that happen, how can one sleep and be worse off than if they hadn't? I'll never understand the chemistry of the brain.

I feel like cooking today, making something that doesn't come out of a box, bag or shrink wrap. That would entail going to the grocery store though, and it's not Friday. Perhaps I can be creative and make something with what little I have. What could one make with a can of coconut milk, hummus and coffee?

I hate that Aaron is in Iraq again. I can't imagine what my life would be like without our friendship. He's known me for the last 12 years of my life, we have no secrets. He's the one thing in my life I do not doubt.

I should get up, step out of bed for longer than the trip to the coffee maker and back, but I do not want to. I want to cuddle up under my covers and wish for restful sleep.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

yeah, i think i'll vegetate, too.