Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back to Normal

Grace has left, the jet lag has subsided and I've (mostly) caught up at work. Finally after almost two weeks I'm returning to my normal routine. I even squeezed in the gym last night in hopes of getting back on track with that. All I need now is to catch up on my sleep and I think all will be well. I was supposed to have a date this weekend but now it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. The guy asked, I said yes and then I never heard from him again. I suppose it's only been two days, but it's a little dissapointing. Ah well. (Cue "Another One Bites the Dust").

Got to chat with Aaron the other day briefly which was nice. With the time difference between here and Iraq it's rare we are both online. He even sent me an email saying how much he liked my photos from the trip which was so nice....after Chicago boy and my dad had been less than supportive of them the night before, I had been feeling a little down about it. He also said he had gotten the letter I had sent him from London. I couldn't believe he got it so fast, until I remembered we were actually on the same side of the ocean for once, so the mail was probably faster. LOL

My sister leaves for her second year of college next week....I can't believe she's almost 20.....in my mind she's still 8. I think she'll always be stuck at that age for me. It was the year I left home, so it was the last age I saw her regularly at. Now when she talks about having a bf/fiance and going to college I'm thrown off, I keep thinking she's talking about her barbies or her dolls....They grow up so fast....

No comments: