Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Found this over at a blog I frequent and thought I'd do it too. Enjoy!

1. One Book That Changed Your Life:
A Gesture Life by Chang-Rae Lee. One of the themes is adoption, and it really made me examine my feelings towards being adopted myself and recognize how significant of an experience it was for me and how it altered me.

2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. Though it's long, this book is an amazing story of friendship and tugs at my heartstrings every time I read it.

3. One Book You'd Want on a Desert Island: The Time of Our Singing by Richard Powers. His books are complex and no matter how many times I read them, I come away from it with something new. A good book to be stranded with because it's quite long, but every time you read it it seems like you get a different story from it.

4. One Book That Made You Laugh: I Love Everybody (and other atrocious lies) by Laurie Notaro.

5. One Book That Made You Cry: Love you Forever by Robert N. Munsch and Sheila McGraw. It's a children's book, but I have memories of my mom reading it to my sister and it gets me for some reason.

6. One Book That You Wish Had Been Written: I wish there were more cookbooks that were geared toward cooking for 1 person and minimal ingredients. I'm not creative at all in the
kitchen and I'm not a person who has a lot of fancy ingredients laying around. I want simple healthy dishes that won't feed an army, but can't ever find a cookbook that suits my needs.
7. One Book That You Wish Had Never Been Written: Anything by Anne Coulter

8. The Book That You Are Currently Reading: Great Theatrical Disasters by Gyles Brandreth. This book is hilarious. It's about theatre productions where things have gone wrong and how the actors/technicians have had to wing it.


9. One Book That You've Been Meaning to Read: This list is LONG. I'd like to eventually make my way through Swan's Way by Proust. I'd like to go back and read the greeks again....basically I want to go back and read everything we read (or were supposed to read) in high school. I didn't do it justice back then and want to read them again now that I'm older.

I'm not officially tagging you, but I'd love to see your answers Caryn on this one.

No comments: