Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Helping

I've been doing this therapy/drug thing now for 2 months and I feel exactly the same and still have the exact same anxiety.

I can't tell if I'm being impatient and was wishing for a magic cure, but my expectations were after 2 months I would at least feel closer to feeling different, yet I don't. I like my therapist and she has definitely said things to me that have made me think about things differently, but I don't feel like we ever get to solutions. I'm tired of just thinking about things. Thinking I can do on my own time and without a copay. I want SOLUTIONS or tools.

Is 2 months long enough to tell if something is working or not?

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

How often do you have a meds check? You should express your concerns there. Sometimes, the dosage has to be adjusted.

Things will get better.

ccw said...

Of course, I'm not a doctor (nor have I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express) but 2 months is usually more than enough time to know if a medication is going to work.

I agree with Seeking Solace that it may simply be a dosage issue and not a med one. You should definitely tell your doctor and discuss what options you have regarding your treatment.