Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Big Girl Decisions

As my long term readers know (do I even HAVE any long term readers??) I am 100% doctor phobic. I do not go to the doctor. EVER. 9 months ago, I started seeing a therapist for my anxiety issues and now that some of those have reached a manageable stage, I am trying to branch out. (Men - this is where I warn you this is going to take a girl turn and to click away. No really. CLICK AWAY)

Now that I am in a (hopefully) long-term relationship, I know the importance of a girly-bit check up and some pills that prevent any surprise babies. So I have taken a MAJOR plunge and made a gyno appt. It's not until February, so I have a month to chicken out, but I'm hoping I can stick to my guns and make this major step towards conquering a major fear. I can't believe I have gotten to this point, and also can't believe it's taken 9 months of therapy and drugs to get here, but here I am.


2 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

You will be just fine......

Seeking Solace said...

Don't worry. You'll bo fine.