Sunday, August 29, 2004

Looking up too far

I don't look at my parents like they are real yet. I forget that they are personalities, full of their own history and lessons. To me they are still these powerful titles MOM and DAD. It isn't fair the way I look at them, with these idealistic eyes. They carry it well though, picking me up when I crash (both literally and figuratively), teaching my sister and I values instead of rules. Maybe I will always look at them the same way I did as a child, like they know everything, like they'll never hurt me. Maybe MOM and DAD don't have to be real people to me, they are real to the rest of the world, for me they can be surreal...ideal.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

wow, my relationship with my parents is the opposite. i even give my dad technical advice for his work.