Friday, January 20, 2006

A Misc. Update.....

I've been a blog slacker lately and for that I appologize. I haven't been writing at all lately. The words are stuck inside for some reason. You know when you start cleaning out your closet and you just pull everything out and put it in a huge pile on the floor so you can start sorting through it, that's how I feel......like clothes in a heap on the floor. Like scrabble letters that no matter how hard you try, you just can't make a word out of.

In other news, I almost set my office on fire this morning. It's unusually cold in our building today so I plugged my heater in, turned it on and it started to spark and fill the room with smoke. I managed to unplug it, but the charred plastic smell still lingers.

I've been flying a lot lately...mostly the Fri - Sun late night NY-Chicago flight....I'm starting to get used to it and I'm seeing some of the same people. I swear I've even had the same flight attendant the past two times. It's been a rough few months for me and being surrounded by the people who know me best has been unbelievably helpful, even if I have to fly 900 miles once a month to see them. I was lucky to find such amazing friends in high school and college..there's a bond I think you make at that age that withstands time and circumstance. Or maybe I just like the single serving of pretzles you get on the plane...

No news on the love front....I declared 2006 my year off from dating and its still holding strong. 20 days into January I think it's been the New Years resolution I've kept the longest. I fully reserve the right to recind my declaration if some hottie wants to take me to dinner though. I love New Years resolutions that come with disclaimers LOL.

That's about it, I think you are all caught up. If you need to reach me try the 9:34pm Friday night shuttle to Chicago. I'm usually near the back on the aisle.

No comments: