Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Personal Day

I woke up this morning feeling kind of icky, I hadn't been feeling well last night and I knew I needed a few more hours of sleep to shake off the ickiness and prevent it from turning into the flu. I emailed work and told them I was taking a 1/2 day and caught up on my sleep.

I'm up now and comfy on the couch with Tivo....I feel better, but I have NO desire to get dressed and out the door to work. I'm thinking about being bad and taking the whole day off. The thought of being able to get stuff done around the house and staying in my Pjs is just too tempting.

I guess that's what they give you personal days for!

2 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

When I was working in an office this is what we called mental health days.......and we in HR encouraged them (just not too often)

limoncelloSTYLE said...

i hope you took the day. i used to feel guilty about it...i would have to remind myself that i had every right in the book to use my mental-health days.

feel better soon.