Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Yum Yum!

Just made this chicken and broccoli recipe tonight and it was SO good (and easy!). I think I got it from Real Simple Magazine, but I'm not sure.

Chicken and Broccoli
3 -4 chicken breasts
1 crown of broccoli
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
olive oil

Cut chicken into strips. Heat in pan with a little olive oil. Cook until chicken is done. Drain any excess oil from pan.

Combine brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and ginger in bowl, whisk to combine.

Add sauce and broccoli into the pan with the chicken and heat until broccoli is tender.

Serve over rice.

This was SO yummy, fast and used ingredients I almost always have on hand. I'll definitely make this again, especially on those nights when I'm craving takeout.

2 comments:

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Ooooh, that sounds really good. I may just have to make this at home (my oven will be like, "What you're turning me on!?).

Happy New Year!!!

xo,
Jane

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Girl I love it when you post simple little recipies like this!