Jenn had an interview session over at her place and I took her up on her interview challenge. If you want me to interview you, just leave a note here in my comments and I'll send you 5 questions to answer on your own blog!
1. What inspired you to take up photography?
-When I was little my dad had a very old, manual film camera in a shiny silver case that he kept in his closet. My parents had this HUGE walk-in closet and I used to like to go in there and lay under the clothes (kind of like laying under the Christmas tree). One day I found the camera and asked my dad if I could have it. I never really did anything with it, until one day in high school when I got film for it and just started playing around with it. I upgraded to digital last year, but I still keep my dad's old camera on the bookshelf in my apartment to remind me of how I started.
2. Did you have little-girl dreams about getting married? Or is this a desire that came later in life?
- The whole white picket fence/2.5 kids/2 car American dream ideal was something instilled in me as a child by my parents. I was always "told" I would get married, which of course made me rebel and shun all relationships, but as I get older the desire to go through life with a partner and have a family grows stronger. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to completely rid myself of the stubborn independence I possess enough to actually have a successful relationship with a man, but I would definitely like to be in love someday.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world (and had the ability to support yourself), where would it be?
- This one is HARD because there are so many great places in the world. I guess my cheap answer is I'd like to live anywhere near a major airport so I could fly wherever in the world I wanted. Ideally though I think if money weren't an object I'd like to get myself a nice townhouse just outside Chicago in the near suburbs and live the best of both urban and rural settings.
4. What's one thing you'd like to change about yourself but for one reason or another have not?
- My weight. I'm stuck at a size 12 and would LOVE to be in shape, but my inherent laziness and love for donuts ultimately prevails and I can't ever seem to drop those 30 or so extra lbs.
5. Name one article of clothing you absolutely cannot live without. Why?
-I have these work-out pants I got 5 years ago or so through the Victoria's Secret catalog that are PERFECT. Not too tight, perfect weight for working out and all seasons, don't make noise when you run on the treadmill, ideal length and very slimming. I've run them into the ground and should probably not be wearing them in public, but I just can't seem to find a suitable replacement for them. I live in these pants and wish they still made them, but now that the "yoga"/form fitting look is in, I'm out of luck.