Monday, April 27, 2009

Cookin' and some fun in the sun

I managed to complete my EPIC weekend of cooking and now have a freezer STUFFED full of good stuff. My pasta sauce recipe made WAY MORE than I was expecting, so I will not have to buy sauce now for another year. Also, my home made hot pockets experiment turned out fabulously, so I have some of those stashed away in the freezer for emergency dinners and lunches. I will definitely be making those again and am glad I found yet another way to slash my grocery bill.

I was able to tear myself away from my kitchen on both Saturday and Sunday to enjoy the sun. On Sunday I ventured out on a walk around my neighborhood and found a park to sit in. Since I was just wandering I hadn't thought to bring anything with me so I think I may have worried a few parents who thought I was out to nab their child. Next time I'll bring some reading material and hope that makes me look less suspicious.

I can't believe it's almost May! Where on earth does the time go??

No comments: