Friday, March 19, 2010

Too Much

I think I heard somewhere once that life never throws more at you than you can handle.

Currently I am "handling":

1) my second staph infection in 3 and a half weeks. The pain is unbearable and every day I pray that this second course of antibiotics kicks in and stops the pain.

2) having given my beloved Boy a staph infection! Apparently we are at the "sharing germs" stage of our relationship. Plus the poor guy has no insurance and is allergic to antibiotics, so that throws some fun and extra excitement in the mix for him.

3) the unexpected death of my uncle and missing his services because I am clearly contagious and should not be traveling.

4) a MAJOR weight gain, when I am supposed to be on track for LOSING. Not being able to workout for over a month, not being able to get out of bed for 1.5 weeks and the constant feeling that someone is attempting to build a fire in my upper thigh have lead up to the extra pounds creeping on.

On the tiny tiny upside of all this, my apartment is being cleaned/disinfected this weekend and I don't have to lift a finger AND I discovered that One-a Day makes gummy ADULT vitamins. I have always had trouble swallowing pills so this is a real find! Ironically though, you have to take TWO a day, despite the One-a-Day name.

So life, if you have anything else you need me to take on, I urge you to reconsider. I am running on empty!

1 comment:

comebacknikki said...

Oh, that sounds terrible! I hope you're both better soon!