Thursday, June 03, 2010

I did it...and then freaked out about it.

I put on my big girl pants last night and told my mom that I am moving in with The Boy.

And then promptly had a panic attack on the train going home and The Boy had to come get me.

She took it better than I thought actually. I definitely got the "I'm disappointed in you" lecture, but I think she realizes that I'm in my 30s now and there isn't much she can do about it. I think her fear partly is that she doesn't want us to get stuck in the living together phase and then not move forward with getting married, but I made certain to drive home the point that we were going to do things on our own timeframe and for what works for us. At least she never threw out the phrase "living in sin" to me.

I see that as progress.

1 comment:

SRH said...

I am proud of you. I totally asked my mom and dad before my (now) fiance and I moved in together. They were not pleased, but far less critical than some of my friends. . . .