Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'm siiiiiiiiick

I have a head cold that won't get out of my head. It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. I was at work feeling fine and then all of a sudden in the afternoon I started to feel really worn down and my nose started getting stuffy. I had brunch plans with a friend and didn't want to blow her off so I got myself out of bed and dragged myself uptown, and actually wasn't feeling to bad. I even felt good enough to do some shopping with her (and buy myself a very cute Calvin Klein dress and blazer) and get coffee, but as the afternoon went on I could feel my head getting heavy. I managed to make it home and drop into bed for a lovely nap, but now I'm awake, I can't breathe and every time I try to get up, I feel dizzy. Rargh.

I accept my position in this world as a life-long single woman. I've never been able to figure out the dating thing (or even find someone willing to TRY the dating thing with), and I've realized that my solitude is most likely permanent. Still though, when I get sick it's hard to shake the feeling of wanting someone around to take care of me. It would be nice to have a man around the house, to lay next to me in bed and watch movies with, to go out and buy me Nyquill and OJ, to bring me tea...to pick me up off the floor when I pass out....the simple things. Rarely do I feel like I NEED (god I hate that word) someone around to go through life with, but when I'm sick my sensitivities run high and I find myself sad. It doesn't help that when I'm sick I spend entirely too much time in bed watching TV shows with poorly scripted romantic interludes. An old rerun of Summerland had me bawling today....I blame the Sudafed/Nyquill/Tylenol cocktail I'm currently on.

Anyone got any chicken soup?

No comments: