Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Conversation With a Bell Hop

Me: Can you get me a taxi to the Los Angeles Airport
Bellhop: Sure. Where are you going?
Me: Um...the Airport
Bellhop: No I mean where are you flying to?
Me: Oh, sorry. I'm going home to New York.
Bellhop: What are you going home to?
Me: um....what?
Bellhop: Are you going home to a boyfriend? Cat? Dog?
Me: Er...no, none of that, just going home to work I guess.
Bellhop: Well isn't that what you were doing here? Traveling on business?
Me: Yeah.
Bellhop: Well then why go home? It's not like you have anything there.
Me: um yeah....guess I'll think about getting that cat.

First my Mother hounds me about not having a boyfriend and now Bellhops in Hollywood, CA???? Who's next? The guy from the deli that sells me my morning coffee??? Random people on the subway? Grr can't a girl be single in peace??

6 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Good grief!!! What is wrong with people?

Jenn said...

Oh. My. GAWD!

Jerk. What the heck?! What a social retard that guy is!

KristyWes said...

I hear ya, I've gotten that from a taxi driver before. Crossing a line, buddy, crossing a line!

Anonymous said...

Hi, came your way through The Cleaner Plate.

It never ceases to amaze me what people consider to be their right to give advice. BUT, to me sounds like maybe the bellhop was hitting you...

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!

That is too funny... I would have slapped him! LOL!

Your blog is so great and so fun to read!!

- Audrey
Pinks & Blues

Karen said...

SS - I have NO idea! I was so flabbergasted I had no idea what to say!

Jenn - I agree! He must make small talk all day, you'd think he could come up with something better than that!

Kristywes - a taxi driver!! Wow that's even worse because you are stuck in a car with him. At least I could get away fast!

Boogiemum - initially I thought he was hitting on me too, but as the conversation went on I wasn't sure. Either way, insulting me is SO not the way to get my phone number!!

Audrey - I should have! Thanks for the compliment on my blog! Congrats on the expansion of yours!! So exciting!