Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Rejected

I got the official rejection notice from my old job yesterday. Even though I applied months ago and had assumed I didn't get it, reading the letter made it real. I really enjoyed that kind of work and even though some of the people/politics drove me crazy, it was a picnic compared to what I have to deal with in my current situation. I thought I had a legitimate shot at getting my old job back and getting the notice and subsequently finding out that I wasn't even considered for the position really has me bummed. I would love to return to doing the kind of work I used to do, but haven't been able to get back into it. I've been out of the field now for 3 years and I guess I thought if anyone was going to hire me to do it again it would be the place I started out. Now I feel like the only chance I had is gone and I'm destined to be one of those people who floats along taking whatever entry level job anyone will hire me for. I dislike living in NY, I dislike my current position and I feel like there's no real chance of changing either one of those things any time soon.

Bleah.

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

I am so sorry. Hugs.