Monday, November 12, 2007

Retroactively Grounded

I think my sister just got me retroactively grounded.

She sent me an IM today asking me what trips I took when I was her age (21) in college. I told her I went on a few, namely to Florida with a friend over Spring Break. She got mad and said that she had just asked my parents if she could go on Spring Break with her friends this year and my mom nixed the idea. Now she's going to run to my mom and play the "It's not fair, Kai got to go, why can't I game".**

All this got me thinking....we have SUPER strict parents and I'm not sure they would have let me go on my trip.....if they knew about it. I can't for the life of me remember if I asked permission to go or if I just went and never told them! I'm pretty sure that if they didn't know before they are going to be pretty mad (even though yes, it's 8 years later). She just HAD to ask them around the holidays when I'll be home twice in a short span of time.....

**I hadn't thought to bring this up, but when *I* wanted to go on the school-sponsored Europe trip in high school, my parents said no, but they let my sister go on the EXACT SAME TRIP.....maybe I can somehow use that in my defense.

I think it's time to tell my parents about my sister's piercings....she has a few they don't know about......evil grin....

2 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

My sister is always trying to get me in trouble - she tells all my secrets from back in the day....

Karen said...

Oh no! I was hoping it was a phase she would grow out of! Guess I better start stockpiling my sister's secrets so I can spill the beans on her in a few years!