Monday, November 19, 2007

Unmotivated

I think my body is in "holiday" off mode. I have a huge project at work with an approaching deadline and I just can NOT motivate myself to dig in. I'm already behind and if I don't really step it up, I will literally have to work night and day the first two weeks of December to finish. I may even have to cut my trip out to see Tennis Guy short if I don't get on the ball, so I REALLY need to start working on it, but I just can't seem to focus. I'm going to try to come up with a schedule this week, so that when I'm back from Thanksgiving break I can get serious about it.

I'm someone who likes to tackle big projects all at once. Once I get myself into "focus mode" I am really good at staying on track and seeing something through, no matter how long it takes. Unfortunately the nature of the job I have is that the only solid blocks of time I have with no distraction are the late night hours when everyone is gone and I'm already tapped out. Maybe I'll sacrifice a weekend and just blow through a chunk of it. I HATE working 7 days a week though....it's so draining.

Tennis Guy gets back from his trip tonight, we have another phone date planned as long as his flights are all on time. I'm hoping they are....I can't wait to hear that sexy voice of his! :-)

No comments: