Friday, March 07, 2008

Which kind are you?

I live in NYC and see hundreds of people daily. As the weather has been unseasonably warm, I'm noticing that people seem to fall in 3 distinct categories of dress. Which type are you?

1) The people who dress according to the temperature. These people check the weather daily and wear their lighter coats and jackets, even though it may be February and SHOULD be cold.

2) The people who dress according to the date. These people will be seen wearing their hats, gloves, scarves and heavy winter coats, even when the temp is to be in the 60s, just because it's early March and to them Early March=COLD.

3). The over-reacters. These are the people wearing shorts, tank tops and no coat, just because they heard it was supposed to be "warm" and they are tired of their winter clothes.

Interestingly, I fall into category one while in NYC, but for some reason when traveling to LA and other warm climates in the Winter months, I find myself unable to dress appropriately. I always bring clothes that are MUCH too heavy for the weather out there, so I find myself being a category two when I travel.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Hi... I stumbled across your blog by virtue of another blog linked on another blog that was linked on another blog that I read sometimes but only every few weeks (yes, I'm a little distracted at work today). I was just a little blown away that there's another American female Kai in her late 20s, and not only that but she seems to have some of the same affinities as this American female Kai in her late 20s, down to the same book of Spanish verbs. Anyway, hi! Happy to trip over your foot in cyber-land. :-)

Kathy Rogers said...

Well, don't worry too much about being overdressed for the weather out here in L.A. You'll fit right in. I swear, people dress like Nanook of the North whenever the temperature dips into the 50s.