Sunday, April 02, 2006

DST

I absolutely loathe daylight saving time. My internal body clock is already completely wacky and add in changing the time on me every 6 months and it totally throws me off. I don't know anyone else who is as affected by this as I am. I'm also quite anal about the clocks in my house...I absolutely can not stand clocks in the same room that don't say the exact same time. Setting clocks in my house is a very tedious job and I am not looking forward to having to do it today.

Also, fun fact: It is NOT daylight savingS time as most people think. The correct grammar is actually dalight saving time. Even though daylight savingS time is commonly known (and appears in the dictionary), it's technically incorrect. The word saving is modifying time (ex. dog walking timee), it is a saving daylight kind of time, hence the singlular form of the word.

Rargh....of to play with clocks. bleah.

1 comment:

Caryn said...

You know, I just learned this the other day. I never knew! I always thought it was daylight savings time. Now I know better.