Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm ok, but WHOA that was scary....

A steam pipe exploded about 10 blocks from where I work today. I happened to leave work early today and be on the street right after it happened and it was one of the most terrifying experiences I have ever witnessed. All you could see was smoke and debris shooting into the sky from the street. Hundreds of people were on the street just watching and trying to use their cell phones to find out what had happened. Unfortunately the cell towers were down/circuits were busy so nobody could get through to anyone. The mood was VERY somber and you could tell people were worried about terrorism. I'm glad to finally be home, though I imagine my commute in the morning will be rough.

**Quote from the news: "air in the area may be contaminated. Close your windows and don't breathe it in" also heard on this broadcast: "if you were in the area at the time your clothes may be contaminated as well. take them off, double bag them and take a shower"

gee thanks.

No comments: