Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bullets of When it Rains It Pours

 - I decided to fill the prescription. When I went to pick it up at the pharmacy my bill was $90! Apparently I had a deductible I hadn't hit this year so I had to pay the full amount. OUCH. Then I find out it's not a fully covered prescription or something so it will be $50 a month. I may need to re-think this whole "getting help" thing. Between the $40 office visit copay and the meds, I need to come up with an extra $210 a month that I'm not sure I can find.

- Also nobody told me I can't drink at all or take ANY other meds with this and of course I had drinking plans AND feel like I'm coming down with a cold. If the pharmacy I go to wasn't so absolutely horrendous I would ask them if there was any cold remedy alternatives, but last time I was there they yelled at me for filling out my forms too slow and threw a pen at me, so I don't think I'll be asking them for assistance.

- My work situation is going to GREATLY CHANGE over the next few months to a year and it's freaking me out. They are looking to fire one of the assistants and the other one just got pregnant so it looks like I'll have to go back to doing 100% asst work with zero help. I was JUST getting away from all that and turning towards doing more photo retouching for work and was finally feeling like my work situation was in a good place and now it's sliding back. I'm majorly bummed out.

- My sis got a good job post her graduation in May which is GREAT and my parents are helping her buy a house, and also giving her money for her wedding next year and I'm feeling major sibling rivalry. I'm glad that she found something she loves in this economy and is getting a really good start on post-college life, but I can't help but feel jealous. Just because I never got married I am less worthy of having my financial life be a little easier??! I fully acknowledge it's a spoiled notion, but the feelings are there nonetheless.

I think I may need to try to schedule a day off soon. I could use a "spring break" of sorts.

1 comment:

ccw said...

I feel your pain about the cost of medicine. Before the new wonderful insurance I used a credit card to purchase my thousands of dollars worth of meds. Would it be possible to cut the office visit to every other month?

I would talk to the pharmacist about the alcohol and other meds. I have no idea what you are taking but I find it hard to believe that it eliminates everything. If you hate your pharmacy maybe you could pop in to another one to talk.

Sorry about the work situation.

I won't even touch the sister thing. My bf and I always wonder what we have to do to get things handed to us.