Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Purging

The home office re-do is coming along. I got some great desk accessories from the Container Store using Oprah's 20% off coupon and I have begun the purging process for when my backordered desk finally arrives next month. Tonight I went through my misc cables box and my computer disks box and got rid of at least 50% (finally getting rid of those "hmm what is this for...guess I'll keep it" cables and computer disks I no longer have drives in my computer for (zip and floppy)). On the agenda for the rest of the week is dealing with paper. I need to find Suze Orman's list of how long you have to keep financial records and then watch out. I am going to be a SHREDDING machine!

1 comment:

ccw said...

You would laugh your ass off if you saw how many containers and boxes of cables are in my house. I have a cabinet full of them, a box in the attic literally marked "Cables Do Not Unpack", and two 25-gallon rubbermaid containers and those are just the ones that I know of off the top of my head.

I beg my husband to lighten the load but he swears up and down we must keep them just in case. It makes me want to pull my hair out.

Thanks for the space to vent. :) So glad your re-do is coming along. I can't wait to see pictures.