Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I may be on to something....

After last week's bout of insomnia I finally managed to get to bed at a decent hour last night. I was in bed by 10:45pm and got nearly 9 hours of sleep! Unfortunately though, my restful sleep was also accompanied by some very vivid dreams. I dreamt last night that I was in requited love with someone. I've dreamt that I was in love before, but never that I was loved in return. In those dreams I never knew who the other person was, but in this one it was a familiar face. The dream was such a happy one, and the snap back to reality once I woke up was very upsetting. I wonder if subconsciously my body is afraid to dream and the reluctance to let my guard down affects my ability to sleep.

"To sleep, perchance to dream". Yeah right Hamlet.

No comments: