Saturday, February 24, 2007

In My Skin

I've never been comfortable in my skin. There are very few moments in life where I look in the mirror and feel beautiful or sexy. I know my body type is more "athletic" and I accept that I'll never be model skinny, but I would still like to drop 30lbs or so. I need to be more diligent about fitting the gym into my daily routine. I absolutely loathe working out. I will never understand the "high" people say they experience from going to the gym. I've never been good at forcing myself to do things I don't want to do (ahem....going to the doctor), but it's time. I'm tired of being sad and embarrassed about my weight and not feeling pretty. I just get discouraged too easily when I don't see results. Its a good lesson in endurance and patience for me though. It's almost like dating in a way; you have to take your time and build it slowly or else it doesn't work.

Patience truly is a virtue.

2 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I am soooooo right there with you! I hate the gym but I have been going every day for a week. I dread it - loathe it and hate every stinkin moment of it. Doing it for a week I tell ya and I can't tell a difference at all!

Karen said...

I'm hoping to get back into the gym next week! Wish me luck. I bought a snazzy new gym bag as a treat, I'm hoping it motivates me!!