Friday, May 16, 2008

A Get Back In Bed Day

After two nights of too much drinking and too little sleeping, I was absolutely exhausted this morning when my alarm went off. It was rainy and gross outside and I couldn't even be bothered with real clothes, so I put on my black velour "outfit" (I use that term very loosely) and headed to work. Thankfully I work in a super casual office so wearing PJs to work isn't all that uncommon. In dire need of caffeine, I stopped by Starbucks for coffee and a muffin. I'm a frequent customer at the local Starbucks and I know the drill, order at the register, pick up at the bar. I ordered my grande vanilla iced coffee and my berry crisp muffin and paid for it...and then LEFT. WITHOUT PICKING UP MY COFFEE! I got halfway down the block with only my muffin in my hand before I realized I had left my coffee on the bar. I was afraid to go back because if I just walked in from the street and took my drink off the bar, they would think I was just some random street person stealing coffee (and of course I didn't get a receipt). In my desperation, that is exactly what I did....I went back in and took my drink off the counter and ran.

I really need to start my mornings with a pre-leaving the house cup of coffee....I really just should not be let out of the house pre-caffeinated. Someone could get hurt.

No comments: