I saw this on Doggy Mama a few days ago and kept meaning to do it, but never got around to it. Better late than never!
1) That I was raised to be open-minded. I grew up in the Midwest where open, creative thinking isn't as prevalent as it is elsewhere. I'm extremely thankful my parents raised us to be self-thinkers.
2) Tivo - I've only had it a few months, but I absolutely love technology that saves me time and allows me to be on my own schedule.
3) My dog Ginger - Even though she lives with my parents and I don't get to see her much, she's been with me through some rough times and always knows when to cuddle up next to me in bed and lick my face to make me feel better. I can't wait to live somewhere when I can have a dog again.
4) Advil - no explanation necessary on this one.
5) My friends - New, old, distant, near - I love em' and need em' all!
6) Electricity - I've gone without it a LOT this year and I've definitely learned to appreciate it. Here's hoping the power stays on in NYC this summer.
7) My books - I own an extensive collection of books and I'm always amazed by the amount of information and stories that can be found in this one room of my apartment. I know exactly where I bought almost every book, or who purchased it for me as a gift and I think of each one as a postcard of my life in a way.
8) Spellcheck - I love tools that make me appear smarter than I really am.
9) Gmail - I love email in general, but my gmail account is my lifeline. I keep my contacts, calendar and bookmarks in it and love having everything all together in one location.
10) My past: the good, the bad and the "oh sh*t I can't believe I did that, I hope my parents don't find out" - the tears, the joy and everything in between has taught me lessons and given me knowledge. I know its leading me somewhere, even if I can't always see what direction its taking me in.