Saturday, May 19, 2007

Irony

I went to Starbucks with a friend from work last night so we could work on our resumes over mochas and cookies (thanks to one my lovely birthday gifts from Doggy Mama)! I realized that I had left the ringer off my phone all day and checked my voicemail. There was a message from a NY recruiter who wants to talk to me about my resume (I had an older version up on a job board online that she had gotten it from). She didn't say what the job was, so I'll have to find a way to call her on Monday from work. I wasn't really looking to switch jobs in NY, but it can't hurt to find out what the position is.

Though I was tempted not to work on my resume again after the call (clearly the one I have is working for me!), my friend and I did make some additional changes and the new version is a LOT better. I think it's finally at a stage I consider "finished" (aside from minor alterations geared towards specific positions of course).

Now it's on to cover letters. Oh how I hate cover letters.

No comments: