Monday, May 21, 2007

The Call

I'm nervous about calling the recruiter back about my resume. I searched the website of the company she said she was calling from and I found the job I think she might be calling about. It looks pretty interesting and the lowest number in the salary range is $20,000 more than what I make now, so even though I surpass the minimum job requirements, it would be a significant salary/responsibility increase, but one that I'm totally ready for. It's a NY job though, and I was really looking to relocate, but it would be an excellent next step in my career so I'd like to at least interview for it. Which means I'm going to have to call this woman back.

I've never gotten a job through responding to an ad or being contacted by a recruiter, so I'm not sure what the protocol is and what's appropriate to ask her. Not to mention the fact that it's impossible to make personal calls at work so I'm going to have to try to sneak out to the park and make the call from there, which means I won't have my calendar or any of my job hunt materials on me. I'm going to try to at least print my resume out and take it along.

I just have to get up the courage now to make the call.

No comments: