Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I think it's time for new glasses...

A little over a month ago I received a lease renewal form for my apartment. It said I had 60 days to respond, so I threw it in my mail basket and left it there. I went through my basket today and dealt with all the mail. I filled out the forms and looked for the address to mail them back to. On the form it said I had 20 days to respond! Not 60! I put it in the mail today, but I'm nearly 21 days late so I'm worried they are going to throw me out when my lease is up. To make matters worse I had a note in my mailbox from the post office that I have a parcel that needs signature for delivery. I got one of these notices when I got thrown out of my other place when they decided to make it co-op, so of course I'm freaking out now. The little card didn't say it was a letter sent registered mail though (which is what the other one was I believe), it said it was a parcel that needed delivery confirmation, so maybe the two are unrelated. I can't imagine who would be sending me something at home though, everyone who knows me KNOWS they have to send mail to work because I'm never home so I can not figure out who would send me something, which again leads me to believe it's something scary and official like an eviction notice. Until they mail me back my lease extension I am not going to rest easy. And I'm definitely getting my prescription checked...Sixes should not look like twos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I really hope everything works out and you aren't forced to leave. I'll be sending positive vibes your way...