Thursday, May 10, 2007

Where is my iPod??

So even though the charger arrived promptly, my new iPod never showed up and dropped off the FedEx tracking info after it "left New Jersey FedEx destination" over a week ago. I called FedEx who claimed it "went missing" and then called Apple who said, it's only been a week, it may turn up. I told Apple that FedEx told me they lost it, but Apple said not enough time had lapsed and they wanted to wait another week before they replaced it. I remarked (jokingly) about how waiting two weeks for something shipping from New Jersey to New York was a little ridiculous and the customer service rep said he would see what he could do, but he really thought it would turn up and to call back next week. FedEx must have told Apple I wasn't lying and that they really did lose it because I got an email this morning saying Apple was shipping me a replacement out today! Whoo hoo!

It's interesting though because one of the executives in my office had the EXACT same thing happen to him. He ordered an iPod and it disappeared from FedEx. Both were shipping here to work so I wonder if our local FedEx guy is poaching packages from Apple. Keep your fingers crossed the replacement actually makes it here this time!!

No comments: