Sunday, May 06, 2007

Reason #1058395837 why being single sucks

Last Thursday night the last lightbulb in my kitchen burnt out. The way my apartment is laid out the kitchen is off the front hallway so not much light bleeds in from the other rooms, so I've been cooking my dinner for 4 days now in the dark. It hasn't been so bad on the weekends, I've eaten dinner early most nights and done the dishes just before sunset, but tomorrow I go back to work which means it's back to cooking by flashlight again. Just when I thought my flashlight/candle days were over eh?

I have lightbulbs. I have a stepladder. The task seems easy enough, but I also have high ceilings and I'm about 3 inches too short to reach the fixture. I've put it on the list for the super, but changing lightbulbs doesn't seem to be high on his priority list, so until then I'm left to assemble my meals by the light of the open fridge.

I ate dinner a bit too early tonight and now it's 10:30 and I'm hungry again. I realized I had all the ingredients to make this apple pancake recipe I saw over at Cleanerplateclub so that's in the oven now. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to tell when it's done since there's no light, but hopefully it turns out well. Apples, brown sugar and cinnamon...you can't really go wrong with that combo. I'll let you know how it turns out. Perhaps I'll start a new cooking fad. Cookin' by Candlelight with Kai....

Got to love the alliteration at least.

No comments: